Welcome to the Solent Forum
Since 1992, the Solent Forum has provided a platform to deliver Integrated Coastal Zone Management in the Solent sub-region of the South East. It operates at a strategic coastal management level, providing a network for closer working relationships, information dissemination and discussion of topical coastal issues.
This website contains information on the nature and work of the Solent Forum. From it you can find details of the Forum's members, learn about the Forum's current work and view news and events from around the Solent and the UK. You can also download our bi-annual newsletter. Our Directories provide useful information on who's who around the Solent and sources of information on coastal matters.
For more information on how to become a member, please request an application form.
Please visit the Forum's sister site, Solentpedia, for information on the Solent, its people, economy and environment.
Latest News from the Forum
- The Solent Forum Members meeting was held on 16th March, the Forum will next meet on 5 October 2016 on the Isle of Wight. Presentations from the March meeting have been uploaded to the Forum's website.
- The Natural Environment Group met on 21st April in Lymington.
- The Solent Forum Members meeting was held on 16th March, the Forum will next meet on 5 October 2016 on the Isle of Wight. The presentations are available to download from our meetings page.
- The Solent European Marine Sites (SEMS) Management Group annual monitoring is taking place from 4th March to 30th April 2016 inclusive.
- Students from local universities are invited to apply for the Solent Forum Professor Mike Clark Award for 2016; the deadline for submitting applications is 30th April 2016.