Welcome to the Solent Forum
Since 1992, the Solent Forum has provided a platform to deliver Integrated Coastal Zone Management in the Solent sub-region of the South East. It operates at a strategic coastal management level, providing a network for closer working relationships, information dissemination and discussion of topical coastal issues.
This website contains information on the nature and work of the Solent Forum. From it you can find details of the Forum's members, learn about the Forum's current work and view news and events from around the Solent and the UK. You can also download our bi-annual newsletter. Our Directories provide useful information on who's who around the Solent and sources of information on coastal matters.
For more information on how to become a member, please request an application form.
Please visit the Forum's sister site, Solentpedia, for information on the Solent, its people, economy and environment.
Latest News from the Forum
- The next issue of Solent News will be distributed this month, an online version has been uploaded to the Forum's website on the publications page.
- The Forum will next meet on 16th March in Portsmouth, please send requests for speaking or hot topic slots to the Forum Office at email@example.com. This is a great opportunity for Forum members to inform the Solent's coastal community on projects or work that you may be undertaking.
- The Forum officers and members are saddened by the news of the death of Tony Williams on 30th December, after his battle with lung cancer. Tony was a great advocate for protecting angling rights and the environment, particularly around the Island and Solent. He was a well respected, committed and passionate campaigner, who was happy to challenge organisations and developers to do the right thing.
- The Solent Forum met with Marine Management Organisation officers on 7th January to discuss how the Solent Forum can add value to implementation of the South Marine Plans. The Forum will present ideas on this shortly to members.
- A Forum Officer met with Karima Englefield one of the new Strategic Recreation Mitigation Partnership wardens on 13th January, to strengthen the relationship between the partnership and Solent European Marine Sites work.
- The Solent Forum have advertised for its Student Placement for 2016. The deadline for applications is 12th February 2016. Contact the Forum Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.